Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tuning in

I made this card for the Two Peas Winterfest 2013 stamping event also, the challenge was to use two types of masking, regular and mortise.  It just so happens to use black, white and yellow so it's my second entry at  CAS-ual Fridays this week.

To make it, I first stamped the TV image, then masked around the TV screen (mortise masking). I then stamped a chevron background stamp on the TV screen to look like a television out of tune. Next I stamped the TV on scrap paper and cut it out, then placed this over the whole TV set to mask it (regular masking). Finally I stamped my sentiment by inking it once, and stamping it 5 times (gradient stamping).  The idea is that the sentiment is slowly coming into focus. Clever, right?  Well, I thought so, at least.  I had tons of fun making it, and what I love about masking is that you really have to plan out what you do before you do it.

Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket Twenty-Three
Yellow Cord: Lawn Fawn
TV and sentiment stamps: Lawn Fawn
Chevron stamp: Unity Stamp Company

1 comment:

  1. Uber cuteness! Love your fun mix of elements here, so creative! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS