Saturday, April 6, 2013

S.W.A.T. Drill #5 - Scrap Your Stash

The S.W.A.T. challenge this week is to Scrap Your Stash. Go through your stash and pull out those old papers and make them look new!

This was a fun challenge. I dabbled in scrapbooking about 12 years ago, then completely stopped. I hung on to my supplies, always thinking I'd come back to it, and what a surprise to start scrapping again in 2011 and find out how much everything had changed!

I pulled out a couple sheets of patterned paper as my starting point. These are the old single-sided, thin pieces of paper that were readily available in 2001. When did they start making patterned cardstock? I seriously missed a lot in 12 years. Anyways, I still like the patterns of these papers, but if it weren't for this challenge I probably would not have used them, just because the paper is so thin.

The first thing I did to keep the layout looking new, was to use a Kraft carstock base since Kraft is so trendy right now. I then mixed in newer patterned papers, diecuts, brads, and washi tape to complete this layout:

Some close ups:



Supplies:
Kraft cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned paper: EK Success, Carta Bella, MME
Diecuts: American Crafts
Brads: MME
Washi tape: WRMK
Letter stickers: Cosmo Cricket, American Crafts

    So, how did I do? Did I make these old papers look new? 

Remember to link up your layout by April 25th!

 


 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout, I love those patterns, big fan of Laura Ashley but I know what you mean about thin paper, not nice to work with! You did a fantastic job!~
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS