Friday, May 24, 2013

Too much reading is good & DT calls


I finally got a smart phone. My little prepaid phone just wasn't cutting it anymore with constant dropped calls. I think the phone companies do it on purpose, drop the cheap phone calls so they can get you to buy a nice phone and lock you into a 2 year contract. Well, it worked. And I tell you I toughed it out for a long time. Anyways, the smart phone (let me just say it, my awesome iPhone 5) has some added perks that I didn't fully appreciate - namely the camera.  I am so loving that I can take photos whenever and wherever, without planning ahead. These are the first photos I printed, check out how well they turned out!

 So I actually own library-themed paper, it's a 6x6 pad of Lawn Fawn 'Dewey Decimal', so I just used a few sheets, picking out the color scheme I wanted to concentrate on, and layered them on top of each other - no cutting! Then my next favorite part of this layout is that I finally found a use for this MME 'Stella & Rose' lamp! I'm hoping it looks like a reading lamp.

 The title came from Rochelle Spears's May blog challenge to choose from particular phrases, and then the challenge at Scrap Your Story is to use mixed fonts in you title. That's the way I like to do longer titles anyways! Finally, I'll link this up at Two Peas for their Scrap Your Stash challenge to use 3 elements: washi, patterned paper and letter stickers.
 Patterned paper: Lawn Fawn
Washi tape: My Mind's Eye
Stickers: Crate Paper, Carta Bella, My Mind's Eye
Letter Stickers: American Crafts, Jillibean Soup
Stamp: Technique Tuesday
Ink: Memento

Other news to share, there are 2 awesome design team calls going on right now that you should check out:
 
Sweet Stamp Shop is looking for stampers to be part of a 3-month Design Team. I've really enjoyed doing a couple of 1-month DT stints with them. I promise you will love working with Nicole, too, so get that application in!
http://sweetstampshop.blogspot.com/2013/05/sweet-design-team-call.html



S.W.A.T. is looking to add to their Design Team, the term is for 6 months, only 2 projects a month, and all the projects are given to you up front, so you can plan ahead. Great group of ladies, and fun challenges! http://swatscrapwarriorsadvancedtraining.blogspot.com/2013/05/design-team-call.html


 Thanks for stopping by!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. This layout has come together so beautifully. The photos are lovely (my DH has the iPhone 5 and I am a bit jealous), the papers are perfect and I love the title. True words :D Thanks for playing along at SYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job combining the challenges! Love the collection choice and title is super cute!!! Thanks for playing along with my blog challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. Love that lamp. Stop by and say hi at www.thememorynest.blogspot.com. I am now following you via GFC - saw you on the challenge. Love connecting with other scrappers.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....really love how you mixed up the fonts! It's the perfect touch! Thanks for playing along with SYS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd sooo thought that the little lamp was from the library kit! Perfect match. I really do adore this layout and am so glad you played along this week at SYS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute! I love that little lamp! great job with the alphas and thanks forp laying with us at SYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet page! I love the lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this!! Love the mix of fonts you picked! :) Thanks for joining us at Scrap Your Story last week!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS