Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chalkboard and Chevrons

I have to admit, I haven't fully embraced the Chalkboard trend going on right now. Black and white alone just don't spark much creativity in me. I'm a color girl. However, there's a challenge at Whimsical Twist to use this chalkboard trend in a project, and there's nothing like a challenge to get you out of your comfort zone. I combined with a challenge at Scrapbooksteals.com to use chevrons.  So when you combine the two and make sure to add a little bit of color, this is what you get (at least it's what I get):


Papers are by WRMK, chipboard letters by Cosmo Cricket, gems by Studio G, and I used an American Crafts Galaxy Marker to add a little white stitch detail around the edge. I think it works!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love the black and white with the pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and take on the challenge Michele! Who says that you can't have color with a chalboard challenge. You did a great job on this....I especially love the faux stitching. Thanking you for taking on the chalkboard challenge at Whimsical Twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can add color! That was where my mental block was, I was only thinking black and white, and that's why I couldn't make it work at first. Thanks for your comments!

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS